Economic Development Officer - Thessalon First Nation : sault ste. marie, Ontario
Closing Date: 2/28/2020
Company: Thessalon First Nation
Job Type: Full Time Contract - Temps plein-contrat
One Year Contract with a possible extension beyond one (1) year. START DATE: APRIL 6, 2020
Thessalon First Nation is looking for a responsible individual to fulfill the role of Economic Development Officer. The Economic Development Officer`s role is to support the community in working toward achieving economic independence. This position will administer policy, research and programs in the areas of special projects and initiatives, community business development and growth, providing training and workshop seminars, and other research relating to economic development.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver all aspects of the Economic Development program, including work plans, special projects, sourcing and use of funds.
- Prepare and submit proposals to various funding agencies/financial institutions in order to access financial resources to support business development, capacity building projects, and other program initiatives for the First Nation as directed by Management.
- Provide business counselling and entrepreneurship assistance services to the Thessalon First Nation membership.
- Respond to inquires from community members, the business community, and general public concerning development opportunities.
- Prepare and provide annual reporting to funding agencies.
- Prepare written documents including reports and evaluations as specified by project objectives and activities.
- Review and monitor project budgets.
- Other related duties as requested.
- Bachelor`s Degree in Economics, Business or Public Administration OR a diploma in Economics, Business or Public Administration OR a combination of relevant education and a minimum five (5) years of work experience in related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial statements, budgeting processes, project management as well as community and partner communication, and networking capabilities.
- Valid Class G Driver`s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management software.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to successfully complete application forms and reporting forms.
- Ability to evaluate projects and develop measurable goals and objectives.
- Ability to prepare budgets and forecast expenditures.
- Knowledge of economic funding agreements and principles to maximize access to these funds.
- Knowledge of First Nation decision making processes.
- Knowledge of First Nation culture and traditions.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates can submit resumes no later than February 28, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. in person or via email to:
Mary Jane Wardell
Thessalon First Nation
40 Sugarbush Road
Thessalon, ON P0R1L0
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.