Summer Day Camp Support and Inclusion : sault ste. marie, Ontario
Closing Date: 3/6/2020
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Company: Sault Ste. Marie YMCA
Job Type: Full Time Contract - Temps plein-contrat
The ideal candidates should be patient, energetic self-motivated, and enjoy working with children. Support and Inclusion Staff will be working one to one with campers with physical, social, and developmental limitations.
- Multiple full time contract positions beginning July 2, 2020 and ending August 28, 2020.
- Offering one-to-one support to campers who need extra support throughout the week
- Encouraging camper(s) to participate in camp activities
- Support frontline counsellors with camper behaviour management
- Build relationships with families who have campers with special needs, to make their week at camp successful
- Provide exceptional attention to Health & Safety and supervision of campers
HOURS OF WORK
- 8:30am to 4:30pm and extended care (7:30am-9:00am or 4:00pm-5:30pm) as needed.
- Education in Child and Youth Care, Educational Assistant, RECE, Psychology an asset
- Experience working one-to-one with children and youth in a supportive role with special needs
- Current Certification in Standard First Aid & CPR Level C
- Current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Experience working with children and youth in a recreational setting
- Child and Youth Focused - Committed to assisting growth and development among children and youth.
- Teamwork - The ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
- Integrity - Demonstrates responsible behavior at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values - Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes, and values of the YMCA.
- Initiative - Does the right thing at the right time without being asked.
- Concerns for Health and Safety - Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others about risk and harm reduction.
- Planning and Organization - Manage time in order to concentrate efforts on priority projects.
- Conflict Resolution - Facilitates appropriate and timely solutions to conflict.
- Problem Solving - Responds quickly to problems which threaten YMCA quality and service
How To Apply:
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Supervisor of Child, Youth, and Family Programs
235 McNabb Street
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 1Y3