Summer Day Camp Staff : sault ste. marie, Ontario
Closing Date: 3/6/2020
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Company: Sault Ste. Marie YMCA
Job Type: Full Time Contract - Temps plein-contrat
The ideal candidates should be energetic, self-motivated, and have the ability to work on their own. Positions are available at two sites, Camp McNabb and Camp St. Kateri. Available camps include: Kid’s Club, Gymnastics, Sports & Games, Swimming, and Outdoor Adventure Camp (St. Kateri) . Please indicate which site, camp, and position you are applying for and list any relevant experience.
- Group Activities Coordinators
- Camp Counsellors
Outdoor Adventure Camp only
- Multiple full time contract positions beginning July2, 2020 and ending August 28, 2020.
HOURS OF WORK
- 8:30am to 4:30pm and extended care (7:30am-9:00am or 4:00pm-5:30pm) as needed.
- Child and Youth Focused - Committed to assisting growth and development among children and youth.
- Teamwork - The ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
- Integrity - Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values - Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes, and values of the YMCA.
- Initiative - Does the right thing at the right time without being asked.
- Concerns for Health and Safety - Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others about risk and harm reduction.
- Planning and Organization - Manage time in order to concentrate efforts on priority projects.
Conflict Resolution - Facilitates appropriate and timely solutions to conflict.
- Problem Solving - Responds quickly to problems which threaten YMCA quality and service.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- High Five Sport or Principles of Healthy Child Development an asset not a requirement
- Group Fitness or Personal Training certification an asset not a requirement
- Current Certification in Standard First Aid & CPR Level C
- Current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Experience working with children and youth in a recreational setting
- Activity-specific skill with a minimum of 2 years related experience
- Camp McNabb Gymnastics Coordinator and Counsellors must possess current Level 1 Gymnastics certification
- Lifeguards must possess National Lifeguard Certification
- Education in Child and Youth Work / Education / Psychology / Social Work / Kinesiology/Recreation an asset
How To Apply:
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Supervisor of Child, Youth, and Family Programs
235 McNabb Street
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 1Y3