Festival Community Outreach Associate - Fringe North : sault ste. marie, Ontario
Closing Date: 5/28/2019
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Company: posted by Employment Solutions on behalf of the hiring employer
Job Type: Student Summer - étudiant été
Fringe North is presenting its third annual not for profit festival August 8-18, 2019 in Sault Ste. Marie. Presenting live theatre in an informal, accessible and inexpensive environment, the Fringe strives to break down traditional boundaries to participation in the arts- for artists and audiences alike. Fringe North is a member of the Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals (CAFF). Fringe North will make special effort to hire a priority student within the Canada Jobs guidelines.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Assist the artistic director in liaising with artists, performers, venues, volunteers
• Assist the Fringe media team in preparing and distributing public service announcements (PSA)
• Conduct community outreach to other not for profit organizations and associations, businesses, and government agencies
• Assist the media team in executing media strategy
• Assist the media team in preparing and distributing press releases, arranging media interviews, both radio and print mediums
• Assist the media team in social media
• Recruit artist and promote to new audiences through community outreach efforts. Interview artist applicants, support, and motivate community organizations to become involved in the festival.
• Assist in launching youth-focused outreach initiatives and distributing Fringe North to schools and community groups
• Establish relationships with local community groups, encouraging participation and helping to address barriers to accessing instruction in the arts and cultural activities at the Fringe
• The responsibilities listed above address the key duties of this position. Additional related tasks may be assigned at the discretion of the general manager
(a) is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
(b) was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year
(c) intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year
(d) is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program
(e) is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act and
(f) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
• The ideal candidate will be a hardworking, organized, and motivated individual with a passion for community outreach and volunteerism
• Ability to shoot, design, edit promotional videos is an asset
• Proficiency in Wordpress, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, basic HTML, HTML5, U tube, Instagram, is an asset
• Leadership skills and an ability to self-direct as well as work well with supervisors and peers.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to problem solve under pressure, to work collaboratively, and to be respectful of others
• Ability to accommodate a schedule that often will require work on evenings and weekends
• Background in the arts is an asset
• Driver’s license and access to a working vehicle is an asset
How To Apply:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and students will be contacted as applications are received. Interested applicants are welcome to submit their resume to email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: May 28, 2019
Please Quote Job Code: 8178