Communications and Public Relations Assistant Intern - Arts Council of Sault Ste. Marie & District : sault ste. marie, Ontario
Closing Date: 1/25/2018
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Company: posted by Employment Solutions on behalf of the hiring employer
Job Type: Internship - stage
The proposed Communications and Public Relations Assistant Intern will coordinate all internal and external communications of the Arts Council.
Some of the specific key duties and responsibilities that the intern will undertake during the course of the work placement are:
- Update the website and create promotional material such as ARTiculations
- Represent the Arts Council with members and various stakeholders
- Administrative and organizational support to the Executive Director and the Board
- Lobby members of the business community to develop viable long-term partnerships
- Research potential partners/stakeholders, and authorities capable of providing funding support
- Develop, plan, promote and implement new community programs
- Develop a public relations marketing strategy, including presentation and promotional materials
- Interact with other service providers, sponsors and City personnel on projects and programs
- Maintain contact with external agencies to exchange information
- Establish, maintain and updates files, records and accounts
- Assist with the Art in the Park festival and,
- Assist with projects as they arise
- University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university.
- The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program
- The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study
- The Arts Council of Sault Ste. Marie and District is seeking a candidate with a degree or diploma in Public Relations, Business, Accounting, Community, Economic and Social Development or similar
- An interest in the arts would be considered an asset
How To Apply:
Interested applicants are welcome to submit their resume with references to Employment Solutions, 4th Floor Station Tower, 421 Bay St or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job #6090.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY:
Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation/Societe de gestion du Fonds du patrimoin du Nord de l`Ontario
Please Quote Job Code: 6090