Civilian Part Time Relief Staff - Sault Ste. Marie Police Services : sault ste. marie, Ontario
Closing Date: 1/24/2018
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Company: posted by Employment Solutions on behalf of the hiring employer
Job Type: Part Time - Temps partiel
Salary From: $22.23 To: $31.23
The primary functions of Part Time Relief Staff are:
- Transcribing and entering data into the police service records managements system.
- Performing general office duties such as typing, filing, document retrieval and distribution
- Responding to telephone and public inquiries.
- Relieving full time staff in other areas of the police service including the 9-1-1 centre Emergency Bureau.
- All duties are carried out in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the Sault Ste. Marie Police Services Board and the Chief of Police.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a thorough interview, as well as medical testing, vision, field-testing, auditory standard testing and any other job-appropriate tests as set by the Police Service.
Schedule and Wage: Shift Work, approximately $22.23 - $31.23 per hour (2017), depending on assignment.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Have successfully completed at least 4 years of secondary school education or its equivalent.
- Be of good moral character and habits.
- Proficiency of 35 w.p.m. keyboarding speed (APPLICANTS WILL BE TESTED).
- Transcription / word processing skills (APPLICANTS WILL BE TESTED).
- Good judgment and assessment skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Initiative, discretion, and the ability to work well under high stress and pressured situations.
- Never have been convicted of a Criminal Offence committed in any jurisdiction for which a pardon has not been granted and provide proof of date of birth in order to verify this information.
- Customer care / contact centre operations experience would be an asset.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to complete the online Civilian Application which can be found at:
www.ssmps.ca, select the Careers tab and then Civilian Members - Open Process
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, only those candidates selected for testing will be acknowledged.
Please Quote Job Code: 6084