Client Services and Building Coordinator - Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services : sault ste. marie, Ontario
Closing Date: 1/22/2018
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Company: posted by Employment Solutions on behalf of the hiring employer
Job Type: Full Time - Temps plein
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services (OAHS) provides safe and affordable housing for urban and rural Aboriginal people in Ontario. Our Vision is “to lead the design, development and delivery of sustainable and culturally appropriate housing that promotes excellence in the Aboriginal community and organizational infrastructures”.
Services, provided throughout the province, from our head office located in Sault Ste. Marie and satellite offices in other communities, include:
• Approximately 1900 subsidized housing units and
• Provision of an assisted homeownership program and an assisted homeowner repair program.
We are seeking a “Regional Client Services and Building Coordinator” to be based out of our office located in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, for a fulltime position that will include province-wide responsibilities requiring frequent travel.
As the Client Services and Building Coordinator you will be an integral member of the Property Management and Programs Teams responsible for, but not limited to, all aspects of property inspection, maintenance and security of assets while ensuring superior tenant service and asset optimization.
The successful candidate will be a goal oriented, organized, enthusiastic individual who understands and appreciates how safe, affordable housing contributes to quality of life.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
• Supporting the OAHS mission and vision and making significant contributions to the achievement of the corporate strategic plan
• Contributing to achievement of division and organization key performance indicators
• Delivering various programs according to specified policies, procedures and program guidelines
• Responsible for or assisting in all aspects of direct client services including but not limited to collection of rent, building and property maintenance and program compliance
• Carrying out property inspections and preparing written inspection reports and work specifications and utilizing and maintaining data integrity in the OAHS asset planner software
• Inspecting work performed by contractors to ensure completeness and quality in accordance with specifications
• Securing vacated units
• Responding to and resolving maintenance complaints and issues
• Interviewing and recommending Central Applicant Registry applicants and communicating housing opportunities to the community through various channels
• Attending the unit with the selected tenant to ensure all required information (i.e. building maintenance, smoke and CO detectors, etc.) is understood including following up at specified intervals post occupancy
• Delivering eviction notices to tenants as required and attending resulting Tribunal Hearings as a representative of OAHS
• Carrying out administrative duties related to specific properties including maintaining accurate records in the OAHS property management systems, maintaining electronic and manual filing systems and program databases, and producing required reports, letters and spreadsheets and preparing and/or making bank deposits
• Other duties as required.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
• College Diploma/Certification in Construction/House Inspection, carpentry, plumbing, electrical or other related programs or a combination of education and related experience
• Post-secondary education in Business or related disciplines would be an asset
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in property inspection and maintenance
• Experience with the Landlord and Tenant Board, social services, and other service sectors would be an asset
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a highly motivated, professional and results-oriented team.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other software products (including Property Management systems)
• Ability to communicate professionally using multiple channels with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external to the organization.
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to contribute to achievement of team goals.
• Strong understanding and appreciation as to how safe, affordable housing contributes to quality of life and serves as a stable foundation.
• Appreciation for Aboriginal culture and a values system that believes in assisting people.
Conditions of Employment
• Ability to travel throughout the province of Ontario as required
• Ability to work varying hours/days
• Valid CPIC Clearance (Criminal Records check) and/or Vulnerable Sector Check
• Current, valid Ontario Driver’s Licence
• Safe driving record (3-year Driver record search) and
• Full use of a safe, reliable vehicle.
OAHS provides a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, matching RSP program, and opportunities for training and advancement.
How To Apply:
Your application letter and current resume must be received no later than 8:00 a.m., Monday, January 22, 2018:
• Email to HRSSM@oahssc.ca or
• Mail or hand-deliver (marked CONFIDENTIAL) to: Racheal Spina
Human Resources and Payroll Associate
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services Corporation
500 Bay Street, Sault Ste. Marie ON P6A 1X5
This competition is open to internal and external candidates. In meeting the objectives and vision of the organization, preference will be given to qualified individuals of First Nation, Métis, or Inuit ancestry, who self-identify.
The continuation of this position is subject to funding renewal.
We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
(Applicants will be interviewed as resumes are received)
Please Quote Job Code: 6086