Director of Care - Algoma Manor Nursing Home : sault ste. marie, Ontario
Closing Date: 12/29/2017
Company: Blind River Employment Solutions
Job Type: Full Time - Temps plein
The Director of Care is accountable for the overall management of the nursing department, resident care services and nursing staff based on quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards. As a valued member of the team, the Director of Care demonstrates a commitment to the quality of resident care by providing services in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission and values.
-Registered Nurse with a current certificate of competence from the College Nurses of Ontario.
- Current membership with Gerontological Nursing Association (GNA) and Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) is desirable.
- Successful annual completion of RAI MDS certification as per MOHLTC requirements for AIS.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working as a registered nurse in the LTC sector preferred.
- 3 years relevant management or leadership experience in health care, or long-term care facility, or head nurse in chronic care or senior management in a health community agency.
- Effective planning and leadership skills required for managing the nursing department in areas such as staffing, problem solving, decision making, budgets etc.
- Must have a sound familiarity with the funding process and the funding indicators.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of MOHLTC regulations.
- Must possess excellent proficiency with WORD, email, internet use and computerized documentation
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills required.
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing or equivalent.
- Post-RN education, certification or degree in nursing administration and management, preference is BScN or business degree in health management, particularly long-term care and further education in gerontology, geriatrics or rehabilitation.
- Current Gerontological Nursing Certificate, through the Canadian Nurses Association, is considered an asset.
- Current AIS Certification considered an asset.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS).
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants are asked to submit an application to Pamela Ficociello
By Mail: Algoma Manor, 145 Dawson Street, Thessalon ON or by email: Pamela.email@example.com
We thank all that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a permanent basis.
Please Quote Job Code: 1512