Service and Program Staff : sault ste. marie, Ontario
Closing Date: 12/14/2017
Company: SJC on behalf of the employer
Job Type: Part Time - Temps partiel
Salary From: $11.51 To: $12.28
Rate: Hourly - horaire
UNDER THE GENERAL SUPERVISION OF THE CO-ORDINATOR OF EVENTS AND
ADMINISTRATION OR THE RECREATION CO-ORDINATOR AND UNDER THE DAY-TO-DAY
DIRECTION OF THE LEAD, SERVICES AND PROGRAMS:
1. Provide excellent customer service to all clients.
2. Ensure that users of the service/program comply with the rules established by CGS.
3. Ensure the proper and safe use of all equipment, materials and facility.
4. Handle cash and other forms of payment as required.
5. Handle public complaints within pre-set parameters.
6. Maintain a clean work area as per regulations, standards and best practices.
7. Advise Supervisor of any problems arising from delivery of service or operation of program.
8. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS`s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
9. Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade X) Education.
- Must hold current CPR and First Aid Certificate for designated programs/services.
- For Hosting Services and Concession at Sudbury Arena - Must possess or successfully obtain a valid Smart Serve Certificate.
Up to six (6) months of related experience.
For Concession at Sudbury Arena - Experience with electronic Point of Sale/Inventory Control System an asset.
For Maintenance - Building maintenance, janitorial, carpentry, plumbing or electrical experience an asset.
For Ticket Sales and Cashier - Experience with handling cash, balancing reports and Ticket Sales system an asset.
Best practices within areas of responsibility.
For Concession, Ticket Sales and Cashier - Advanced mathematical and computer skills.
For Maintenance - Cleaning products, tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to deal with a variety of user groups.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with the general public and staff.
- Deal with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Work evenings and weekends if applicable.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EO17-198 REVISED SERVICE AND PROGRAM STAFF (RECRUITMENT POOL)
(PART TIME POSITIONS)
Mental and physical fitness to perform essential job functions.
Excellent use of English verbally and in writing.
French verbal skills an asset.
Physical capability to operate a vehicle safely, possession of a valid driver’s licence and an acceptable driving record will be considered to be an asset.
Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Records Check for designated positions.
MAIN FUNCTION: Provide front-line customer service in a designated Leisure program and/or services.
How To Apply:
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate
of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your resume.
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by THURSDAY, DECEMBER 14TH, 2017 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com. Any application received
after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EO17-198 REVISED) on your resume.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must
advise the Hiring Manager.